Thursday 29 May 2008

River Cottage Spring

I was watching Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's new programme last night and I don't know about you but it made me rather jealous! All that lovely spring veg and the group in Bristol who are going to get a pig - makes me want to move out to the country or at least get some outdoor space in London. Note to self, really must join a box scheme! Or find out about allotments - anyone know of any in North West London? How funny was Hugh's new butchers assistant?! I can't believe the intcy wincy piece of lamb's heart she sampled would have ever given her the true taste of the meat. Good on Hugh though, I would never have thought about buying the heart but the devilled dish he cooked up did look delicious. Plus the fresh asparagus dipped in egg really did make me drool.

1 comment:

  1. I tried the simple recipe asapragus dipped in egg, with salt and cider vinegar. It really is delicious and would recommend it, makes a great brunch. Make the most of it while the asparagus is in season.

    ReplyDelete