Wednesday 14 January 2009

Taking Part In The Sourdough Challenge

The FRESH Sourdough - Day 1

My friends Felicity Cloake and Henrietta Clancy at Fresh Magazine are joining in the Sourdough challenge and making their own Starters. Apparently "hoodwinked by the deceptive simplicity of my original recipe", they have used plain white flour to make their Starters and put them in glass jars. There is no reason why this shouldn't work, though - and they have left their jars open in order to avoid explosions as I warned about in yesterday's post.

2 comments:

  1. 12:34 - starters still apparently inactive.

    I would like to point out that, in order to keep the starters warm, we've put them on top of the fridge (there being no radiators on our side of the office), which also happens to be the default storage place for all sorts of other people's things, hence the mess in the photo. The rest of the office is spotless, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made sourdough with white flour before and it worked fine. I do prefer brown though.

    ReplyDelete