Wednesday 14 January 2009

Taking Part In The Sourdough Challenge

Last night:
This Morning:
My Sister and co back at home are taking part in the Sourdough Challenge - probably just to stop me going on about it - and I've just got sent some pictures of how they're getting on and I must admit I'm a little irritated that they've got Hooch and I haven't!
You can read about Hooch on my recipe, but it's basically a liquid bi product of the fermentation process which looks, smells and is very like beer - and you can see it clearly in the photo here. It's nothing that's necessary to the process and why some get it and others don't is a bit of a mystery but to have it after just one night is pretty remarkable!
We'll have to see how they get on! You can see their comments below...

2 comments:

  1. Immense fun! Already looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoochalicious, baby!

    ReplyDelete