Tuesday 20 January 2009

BEN'S SOURDOUGH CHALLENGE

IT'S READY!
Rejoice one and all! I think it's time. I thought she might have been yesterday but today I am certain - my Starter is ready for the production leaven stage. As you can see from the picture above, she's gone really runny and has bubbles all across her surface. It was quite a sudden change after a quiet weekend.
Before leaving work today I will use 50g of my starter to make my leaven ( as per my recipe )which then needs to ferment/prove for a further 24 hours. Tomorrow evening it will be time to bake my bread! I'll bring my bread into work for my lucky workmates on Thursday and I'll be sure to post a picture so you can all see how it turns out. As impartial judges, I'll let my workmates tell you how it tastes - though I can tell you now that it's bound to be amongst the best they've ever tasted!

2 comments:

  1. I've always thought about making a starter but somehow have never got round to it. I think this is the encouragement I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great - go for it. Check out my recipe and get going. I would highly recommend it. As well as being great fun, it was also the most flavoursome bread I've ever eaten.

    ReplyDelete